Malta – Level 4: Do Not Travel
Do not travel to Malta due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Malta due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in country. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Malta. Malta currently bans all U.S. citizens from entering due to COVID-19.
Read the Malta country information page.
If you decide to travel to Malta:
- See the S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Malta.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.